Sunday, April 26, 2009

17 months old and nearing 30 day LOA wait

Elizabeth turned 17 months on Friday.....we hope we get to bring her home soon!!!

Also....this could be a big week. It will be 30 days on Thursday that we have been waiting for our LOA (letter of approval) also known as Seeking Confirmation Letter (SCL). It appears that MOST people wait between 30-50 days....so we hoping for the shorter end of that timeframe.

We have been trying to learn some basic mandarin phrases to communicate with Elizabeth. Here are some phrases we are trying to get better at saying:
I love you
Are you hungry/thirsty?
Do you like that food/drink?
I am Momma/Dada
This is big sister/big brother.
Do you need to potty (we don't know if she'll be potty trained??)

I'm terrible at Mandarin. I've been praying for God to perform a miracle in my mouth and ears so I can hear, learn, and speak. It would be a miracle but that is what He is known for!


No comments:

Post a Comment