Sunday, May 3, 2009

Nesting and thrifty shopping

Its amazing how quickly my nesting instincts set in once we received our referral for Elizabeth!
We are currently in an "interesting" situation as we have been living with family members for a while now. Its a very long story and we are hoping anyday to be in our own home. That being said, nesting is almost impossible because #1 this isn't my home #2 most of our "stuff" is still in storage in another state! Part of that "stuff" in storage is all of my oldest daughter's baby clothes! And I had gathered a few items over the 2 year wait for when we travel to china (like stacking cups!). I never, ever imagined we would not be in own home by now! We are praying constantly if it is God's will for us to be settled in our own place by the time we bring Elizabeth home. There are some pretty major things that have to fall into place but we are hoping. Our family we are living with are extremely gracious and we are very comfortable, so really we don't lack for anything. But it would be so nice to be in our own space with our own "stuff"...its not great stuff but I miss it!

I have felt that I needed to gather a few things for Elizabeth in case I can't get to the baby clothes in storage. Plus its just fun to shop for a little girl! I am a certifiable "thriftaholic". I love finding GREAT deals. I don't like to just shop & buy stuff. But I do love finding wonderful, special things at amazing prices. I love boutique brand children's clothes but don't like paying retail prices! Thrift shops, consignment sales, and garage sales are one of my favorite past times. I even used to sell stuff on Ebay and made a little $$ while hubby was going through school. So I've picked up a few sweet things the past couple of weeks. I can't wait to see my girl all cute in these things!!!

These are a few things to take with us for entertainment, etc. I'm putting photos of the brothers and some of us in the photo album for Elizabeth to look at while we are in China. Her referral said she likes music, so I got this Little Einstein music toy (from Easter clearance!). Then we found these cute sunglasses in a boutique for 75% off! A small tube of bubbles as I have been told that many children in China love these and they don't sell them in China. And finally some bottles...we plan on feeding her with a bottle to help facilitate attachment.

This is a beautiful angel sleeve bishop dress by Anavini. The photo is terrible! I found this at a consignment store for $8!
I love this sweet Luli & Me cherry/raspberry dress. It is so sweet. Found at a thrift store $4

I got this darling Anavini outfit on Ebay as well for $6. The dogs are chasing butterflies...so cute!
This is my favorite brand...Kissy Kissy. It is the softest, sweetest clothes! I found this on Ebay for $6.00!!!
This is Baby Lulu. We found this at COSTCO! It is so soft. Much prettier than picture shows!
This is a darling Kate Mack swimsuit that I have been saving for 2 years! My family used to run a children's clothing sale twice a year and this was one thing leftover from that business!
How cute is this Lili Paris set??? Got it for $1.00 at a garage sale!
It might be too small but taking a couple of sizes since we're not sure of her size.








1 comment:

  1. Love the outfits---just so sweet, adorable,perfect for Elizabeth!
    Praying that you have your "stuff" SOON!
    Love you,
    Aunt Melba

    ReplyDelete