Sunday, July 12, 2009

We're Back!


I really appreciate freedom of speech after being "blocked" from several websites while traveling! So I'm back to using this blog!

Today we went to church and it felt great to be "home" and worshipping the LIVING God! Elizabeth  stayed in church for a little while but she was somewhat "vocal" so we listened to most of the service in the hall. She didn't seem too overwhelmed or scared, which was great. 

While we were in China...Langley and Grand (john's mom) picked out some matching dresses for the girls. Langley is a great big sister and wanted to wear their new dresses to church today...I thought they looked precious!

Also I wanted to get caught up with the quilt squares that we have received. We got quite a few right before leaving & while we were gone. Thank you so much to everyone! We still need to collect some more. So please still send them to us if you would like to participate....it really is very special to have our friends and family make this special quilt!

So here are more quilt squares & wishes:


This is #31 from our friends, the Williams. They are very special friends to us and Gray's godparents! We miss them so much and try to find some time each year to vacation together or see each other.

#32 This is from my sister Stefanie & Brook. Stefanie stitched this together from pieces of Corinne's quilt. A very, very special quilt square and wish!

#33 This is from some hometown friends who watched me grow up. They are a very sweet, supportive family.

#34 This is from my Aunt, Uncle and cousins in Atlanta. My cousin Kelsey particularly shares in my love for UGA!
#35 This is from Allan & Lorraine who are missionaries in South Africa. Such amazing, dear people. And yes, that is Lorraine's handwriting....stunning!
#36 This is from my cousin Sharla. Her family bought home Abby just one year ago. Sharla has always been much more than a "cousin" She is my sister, best friend, closest confidant. I love her with all my heart!
#37 And this is from Abby. My darling cousin who came home from China last summer. She has a funny, tender heart. I know Elizabeth will love her so much.
#38 This is from MacKenzie, Sharla's oldest daughter. She is an amazing girl. She has a heart of gold and is a blessing to all who know her. 

#39 This is from our dear friends the Smiths in Little Rock. They have recently grown their family through adoption as well. We cherish their friendship and their example.

#40 This adorable square is from a friend here in our town. She is very talented and made this adorable applique with E's monogram.

#41 This is from one my "oldest" friends...meaning we've known each other since we were little girls. Its so wonderful seeing this quilt made from so many parts of our lives.

#42 This is from family friends, the Januzelli's. We have known them our whole life and they are really family, not just friends. 

#43 This is from one of Langley's school friends, Anne Marie. She is such a sweet friend to Langley and helped Langley when it was decided she couldn't make the China trip.

#44 This is from Anne Marie's mom, Lori. She has been a great friend to me and always excited & supportive in this journey. She has done many things to help us from taking care of Langley to making video at the airport homecoming. She is a loyal friend! Sorry these are sideways....I was technically challenged!

#45 & #46 This is from John's parents....E's grandparents, Grand & Papou. They crochet these special pieces for their youngest granddaughter.

#47, #48, #49 Is from a sweet sorority sister whom I've recently gotten reconnected with. Of course the Bulldog is for our shared UGA love. And then the Coke and Polka dots are leftover from her mother's headcoverings when she was battling cancer. What a sweet way to share her love for her late mother.

#50 This is from our friends Eve & William Boger. Eve is more than just a friend. She is loyal, dedicated, and compassionate...especially in regards to children, adoption, and orphans. I'm blessed to call her my friend.  I hope I have the correct fabric w/ the correct child, Eve!!!

#51 This is from Alex Boger, he is the oldest boy and very sweet & excited about adoptions. He did a great drawing for Elizabeth's wish.

#52 This is from Ben Boger who has a very tender heart. He truly loves these little ones who find their forever families!

#53 This is from Jack Boger. He is also one of Gray's best friends. I think it is funny that Jack & Gray picked out almost identical fabrics!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon I hope you loved the pink UGA fabric! Elizabeth is adorable and she fits in with L, M, &G, perfectly! I am glad you got home safely! Can not wait to come visit soon!
    Love,
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so doing the happy dance now that you're home!! I would give anything to come see all of you and meet E... but I know you still have a lot on your plate in the next few weeks and still need much more time focused on attachment, so our time will come!!

    So glad to see all of the photos!!

    Love ya,
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures of all 4 kids. I'm especially fond of the one on the couch (after bath maybe). That needs to be your new FB profile picture! Still waiting on the family shot of 6 though. Cannot wait to hear how she's adjusting. Lori

    ReplyDelete