Friday, August 7, 2009

Swimming & girls night

Elizabeth is still doing amazingly well. She is eating & sleeping well, and is completely at ease with all of us. Not only the immediate family but also the extended family. She particularly knows who her grandparents are. But she is also spending time around cousins, aunts, & uncles. She LOVES playing with all the kids!

I continue to be amazed that regardless of how chaotic it gets around her (and its still pretty chaotic at times with new move in stuff) this little girl just rolls with it! She lets us know when she is stretched beyond her comfort zone and we retreat.

She seems to be understanding alot of English. Tonight I pointed to her shoes and told her to take them to her room....and well.....she did! Tonight she clearly said "eat" and "bath". But she is a pretty quiet kid...not alot of talking, mostly babble.

We did have a special outing today. We joined my sister and her children and went SWIMMING!! My older kids really needed this! I wasn't sure how Elizabeth would take to the pool and all the activity. But of course she did great! She really loved swimming. She wanted to "jump in" to me over and over again until my arms were worn out. She loved sitting on the side pouring water from one cup to another. She was just a joy to see at the pool. The cousins & siblings played with her and at one point they were all pouring water on her. Most kids I would think wouldn't like this but she sat there just laughing and laughing. Again, she is just sooooo laid back!

My sister and I had planned for tonight to be a "girls night/boys night" slumber party. She has my two and her two boys at her house. I have my girls and my niece here at my house. I definately got the easier side of this deal! The girls have been very fun & sweet. Langley is running with the "queen bee" role in this family, especially since Elizabeth came home. Tonight we have played school, dressed  up, danced, and they are watching a princess movie right now. We still have fingernails to paint and ice cream with lots of sprinkles to eat. Elizabeth joined in on the dress up & the dancing. We had a Hollywood Dance contest. We must have very talented girls because they all "made it to hollywood!" 

Enjoy the photos!









Theses are from the "dance contest"....all made it to Hollywood!



Playing Dress up




2 comments:

  1. Looks like she is doing SO great!! I so wish I could see her!! Love the photos!!

    Love ya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics. How precious are these girls!!!

    You "girls" (Shannon, S, and S bring tears to my eyes when I think about and see what you all are doing with these children---what their lives are like now, what a blessing they are to this family, and how their lives are forever changed---I am in awe and utterly amazed.
    And I applauded the Dads, these Godly men who are leading.
    You all are loved and admired.
    Aunt Melba

    ReplyDelete