Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Forever Family Quilt Squares (#26-30)

We took the kids to a quilt store and each walked through the aisles of fabrics until they found just the perfect fabric for their little sister. John and I selected fabric as well. It was a very sweet time together as we shared our excitement of Elizabeth joining the 5 of us!

This is the fabric Langley selected. I think it is so beautiful & unique.....very much like Langley. She has a beautiful heart and has been praying/dreaming of a sister for years.
This is what Gray selected. He is very decisive. It was the first one he saw and refused to consider anything else. I think Gray loves Elizabeth very much....He is going to be a great big brother!
And this is what our superstar Mac selected. It is very appropriate. Mac spent a lot of time on his card. He wanted to say just the right thing to his new sister. What a sweet boy!
This is from me. These are some of my favorite colors and had an asian look as well. It expresses the beauty that Elizabeth has brought to my heart.
And this what John selected. I think he was the most thoughtful of all of us. Elizabeth is named after his grandmother, Nana. John adored his grandmother. She was a schoolteacher and wanted to find a fabric that expressed Elizabeth's namesake.

No comments:

Post a Comment