Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Here we goooooooo..........

We are so thankful for the support we have received in the past 24 hrs from friends, families and the whole adoption community. Our children are well loved and well cared for while we are gone, and they are going to have alot of fun as well! We have been affirmed over and over again with our decision to leave Langley at home. We have so much peace about that now.

We did have quite a bit of scrambling & changes to make this morning. God was gracious and provided a smooth path to do so. So now we are repacked, minus one suitcase, so things are a bit bulkier and heavier. Once we get to Fuzhou we can unload several things as we have gifts for officials, foster family, and items for the orphanage. Thanks to my father in law we have several cleft bottles to give to the orphanage!

We tried to spend extra quality time with the kids today. We read alot of books, played some games, and had dinner with extended family. It was a good day. Tonight the 5 of us gathered together to ask questions, express feelings, and pray. The prayers were precious. Prayer time was ended with our 4 year olds prayers for all of us to HAVE FUN! Amen, brother! How it must please our father to see his beloved filled with JOY! 

I have to share a little from how our big girl is doing. I'm so proud of her. I don't think many adults would be so gracious with such disappointment. She is wise and heavenly-minded. She told me today that she might not be crying and her face might not look sad, but inside she still feels sad about not going. She and I had a big cry first thing this morning when she woke up and saw me outside her door unpacking all of her things. She is sad but I think she is also grateful to stay home when we explained the situation. I do still feel that Langley is a special part of this journey. We had planned for her to blog while in China and I still feel she has a unique way of telling this story. So we have asked her to still blog from the homefront. I hope she will.

Our hearts are full with excitement and anticipation. What a precious feeling to KNOW you are in your Father's hands!

1 comment:

  1. What a wise and wonderful young lady you're raising! I'm still so sorry that she won't be with you, I was so looking forward to seeing this experience through her eyes, but there will still be plenty for her to share...

    Praying for you! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete